The original 1150-square-foot 50’s tract home consisted of a living / dining room with a traditional, separate kitchen, flanked on one side by a bedroom wing with three bedrooms, and a garage on the other. The remodeled and enlarged house grew to 2050 square feet, with a single 850-square-foot great room at the center, with tall walls and a high ceiling. The garage wing was expanded to include a private master bedroom suite, which serves as a retreat for the owners when guests occupy the rest of the house.
The Music Box was designed to contain precious musical instruments. The beloved concert grand piano traveled from the owners’ homeland of Argentina, to its new home in the California Central Valley — to a space specifically created for it, to continue providing inspiration, albeit in a new setting.